Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Restoring the American Dream: One Step at a Time

On Thursday, I was honored by a great celebration as I retired. Over a hundred people, mostly Progressives, came to wish me well, as I left Disability Advocates of Kent County. It was a great celebration of accomplishments with lots of fun twists. They even showed the video of my visit to Karl Rove’s house. Good times. And the number one question was “What are you going to do now?"

So today I embark upon a new path. What am I going to do now? Well, I want to do much more hiking and kayaking, and definitely some traveling. I want to investigate new things that I haven’t been able to do until now. But I'm not going to leave this community and I will definitely stay involved. Even today I plan to meet with a MoveOn group to rally against corporations not paying their fair share of taxes. Corporate profits have never been higher, yet we continue to cut taxes to corporations while increasing taxes on senior citizens.

Progressives are on the defensive. Everyday, we are losing ground, cuts in services, the right to organize, and our right to vote. We need to organize. We need to come together to respond to these attacks. We need to get organized to protect the Middle Class. That is the mission of OrganizeGR. OrganizeGR will attempt to work with groups to set goals, strategies, and tactics to address these and many more issues that effect people's everyday lives. In order to win, we need to build strong organizations and coalitions to fight back. OrganizeGR will work with organized groups to effect the incremental changes that are so necessary to restore the American Dream. One step at a time. 

Thanks for your support, 
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment